EDUCATING THE FUTURE OF RHEUMATOLOGY AND NEPHROLOGY
GENENTECH'S FELLOWSHIP EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS
At Genentech, we are committed to furthering the understanding of immunology. In honoring that commitment, we provide numerous educational offerings for the rheumatology and nephrology communities.
At Genentech, our mission is similar to that of research and teaching institutions. Making a difference in patients’ lives is and always has been our most important motivator. As a part of that commitment, we are dedicated to making sure that patients living with rheumatic diseases have access to our therapies via programs such as our Rheumatology Co-Pay Card, which covers up to $15,000/year* in co-pay assistance for eligible, commercially insured patients.1
Genentech Access Solutions
Genentech Access Solutions is a resource for effective access and reimbursement services. Over the past 20+ years, Genentech has helped more than 1.5 million patients access the Genentech medicines they need. In 2016:
- Genentech Access Solutions helped more than 168,000 patients access the Genentech medicines they need.
- GATCF provided over 24,000 qualified patients with free Genentech medicine.
- * Patients must meet certain criteria. Co-pay assistance is for out-of-pocket drug costs.
- 1. Genentech Access Solutions Brand Manual. http://www.asbrandmanual.com. Accessed July 13, 2017.
Since its founding in 1976, the company’s scientists have focused drug discovery efforts on therapies that would meet serious unmet medical needs, and Genentech has brought multiple novel biotherapeutics to market.
Across the entire Genentech/Roche portfolio, we have:
- More than 1200 researchers and scientists1
- 135 scientists in our post-doc program1
- 785K square feet dedicated to research2
- 975 publications in top peer-reviewed journals3
- Invested over $10.1 billion USD in research and development (R&D) in 20164
- Committed to making data accessible to medical professionals
Our R&D efforts in rheumatic diseases are focused on biomarker identification, discovery and development of best-in-class medicines, and orphan diseases. As a result, we’ve helped advance the science behind the various pathways that contribute to rheumatic diseases.
- 1. Corporate Backgrounder. Genentech Web site. http://www.gene.com/media/company-information/backgrounder.
- 2. Company Information. Genentech Web site. http://www.gene.com/media/company-information. Accessed July 13, 2017.
- 3. Publications. Genentech Web site. http://www.gene.com/scientists/publications. Accessed July 13, 2017.
- 4. Roche Web site. http://www.roche.com/dam/jcr:a827f766-0a1f-43ac-bc2e-503495d5f955/en/roche_fact_sheet_us-2017.pdf. Accessed July 28, 2017.
At Genentech, we respect and take seriously the guidelines that exist to govern the relationships between industry and training programs in rheumatology and nephrology. We provide a number of educational offerings that serve to fulfill our commitment to patients and the rheumatology and nephrology communities. However, it is at the discretion of the teaching institution and training program directors to determine whether these resources are consistent with your mission and needs. Available resources include:
We are committed to furthering the understanding of rheumatic diseases. We provide education that can enhance the fellows’ understanding of the immunologic basis of:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis
- Microscopic polyangiitis
- Giant cell arteritis
- Other topics of interest, including the latest trends in areas of interest (ie, disease assessment, clinical trial design)
Healthcare Industry Programs
We understand the importance of providing fellows with an overview of how to navigate the access and reimbursement landscape. We offer a variety of educational programs that provide the following:
- An understanding of the ever-evolving healthcare environment
- Practical knowledge to help clinicians navigate the current payer environment and advocate for their patients
These programs are facilitated by experts in the areas of rheumatology practice management and public policy.
Rheumatologists and nephrologists are vital to achieving better patient outcomes, and we are committed to providing helpful educational resources and anatomical models.
Each year, Genentech participates in many of the leading professional and patient conferences and meetings for rheumatology and nephrology at the national and regional levels. Additionally, we provide sponsorship for many of these conferences to encourage continued research and education in these disciplines.
Dedicated to Advancing Science to Meet Patient Needs
We have advanced the science behind approved therapies and biologics used to treat patients with a variety of autoimmune diseases. We also remain committed to studying and advancing the therapies for patients with other rheumatic diseases.